Thursday, June 19, 2014

Camp Redhawk



Last day of Camp

What a great couple days the first two groups of Camp Redhawk had. The first students have left campus not that long ago and we are getting ready for the next group. Some important lessons were learned and we look forward to making some very minor tweaks to the program, but the most important lesson we learned is, how great some of the students arriving on campus in August are going to be. A special thanks to the Camp Redhawk Leadership Team of Jen, Katie, Kari, and Mark.

To the Camp Redhawk team I want you to know I am proud of your work over those days and while I could say more about how well things have gone, but I think I will defer to one of our Camp Redhawk alumni Peyton Mogley who posted on FB, “I just had one of the best camp experiences of my life and I am absolutely ecstatic to begin my first semester of college in the fall at SEMO! All of the apprehension is gone and is completely replaced with excitement! I'm ready to take on a new campus, a new school, a new start and a new way of life with an even more confident attitude! I've learned so much about myself and others over the past few days! Camp Redhawk is where it's at! To all of you attending future sessions- have a blast and don't hesitate to lend a hand and extend yourself. whoooot!”

I also cannot let pass that the results of the Camp Redhwak satisfaction surveys are back and 97% of the responses gave their experience either a 4 or 5, out of 5. With 5 being “very satisfied” with their Camp Redhawk Experience. Additionally, 93% of student reported they were “more confident” in their decision to attend Southeast after being part of the program. 

 If you have not signed up for Camp Redhawk there are still some spaces in the two July sessions. If you are interested please let us know and become part of a new Southeast tradition. Also, you just might get to see some things and do some stuff that other students spend their entire academic career at Southeast and never get to experience.Check out #campredhawk on twitter to see what the other new Redhawks had to say! 



Inside Academic Dome. Everyone gets a chance to leave their mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment